December 17, 2013

MFT December Creative Challenge: Make It A Banner Year!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

It's time for the MFT December Creative Challenge!  This month, the MFT Design Team is going to Make It A Banner Year!  YAY!  I love making banners so I was quite excited about this month's Creative Challenge!

OK, this was SO difficult to get a good picture of...first of all, it's really big (lol) and I couldn't get close enough to get the details and still get the full banner in the shot.   Hopefully you can tell that it is a Happy New Year Banner!  I thought it would be fun to add this one to my collection!


I have a few closeups so you can see the detail!  Each panel (there are 16 in total) are created with the same layers.  From the bottom up, I've used:

1. Black Licorice cut using the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-Namics;
2. Smooth White cut using the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-Namics;
3. Gold glitter paper cut with the 3/8 Rosette Die-Namics (two panels for each rosette);
4. Black Licorice cut using the new Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics.


The Smooth White panels that I cut with the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-Namics were stamped with the Sheet Music Background and gold ink.  I spelled out "Happy New Year" using the High Rise Alpha Upper Die-Namics using the same gold glitter paper.


On the panels that do not have a letter, I added glasses of champagne (so appropriate for New Years no?), cut from Smooth White Cardstock and gold glitter cardstock using the Layered Champagne Glass Die-Namics.  I added bows to either end of the banner cut from Black Licorice Cardstock using the Dainty Bows Die-Namics.


Here are the MFT products I've used on my card:


Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the MFT Blog to check out what the rest of the team participating in today's Creative Challenge have created!
Recipe:
Stamps: Sheet Music Background (MFT)
Ink: Gold Ink
Paper: Black Licorice, Smooth White (MFT) and Gold Glitter Paper
Accessories: Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-Namics, Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics, 3/8 Rosette Die-Namics, Layered Champagne Glass Die-Namics, High Rise Alpha Upper Die-Namics (MFT), Black Ribbon and Jody Boosters
Jodi
 Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Loving the gold! This is fabulous Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great banner. The champagne glitter paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!! Way to much work for me, but your end result is fabulous!! Merry Christmas to you and your's~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun banner! I love it! That's a lot of die cutting. But you can use it year after year. Great design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jodi! Gorgeous! I hope I get to come to your party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!